NVIDIA AT GDC 2016
March 16th-18th | San Francisco, CA
2016 was a huge year for NVIDIA at GDC. We announced a raft of new technology including volumetric lighting, VXAO and HFTS shadows. Check out links to the presentations below.
This session will do a deep dive into all the latest performance advice on how to best drive DirectX 12, including work submission, render state management, resource bindings, memory management, synchronization, multi-GPU, swap chains and the new hardware capabilities.
File: Practical DirectX 12
- Alex Dunn (Developer Technology Engineer - Graphics, NVIDIA)
- Gareth Thomas (Developer Technology Engineer, AMD)
Give life to your 3D art with Material Definition Language (MDL) and NVIDIA Iray in Substance Painter
File: MDL + SUBSTANCE PAINTER
- Manuel Kraemer
Welcome to our talk about High-performance, Low-Overhead Rendering with OpenGL and Vulkan. Lars and I are with NVIDIAs developer technology teams. He’s been focusing on mobile side things and I’ve been focusing on the desktop side of things.
- Mathias Schott (Sr. Developer Technology Engineer, NVIDIA)
- Lars M. Bishop (Sr. Developer Technology Engineer, NVIDIA)
In this session we'll talk about DirectX 12: more control & responsibilities, How to efficiently drive DirectX 12 on NVidia GPUs, New DirectX 12 programming model use cases, and DirectX 12 & 11.1 new hardware feature use cases.
- Holger Gruen (Sr. Developer Technology Engineer, NVIDIA)
In this session we'll talk about Frustum Tracing, rregular Z-Buffer, Dynamic Reprojection , Conservative Rasterization, and more.
- Jon Story
In this talk we’ll discuss background & motivation, Algorithm overview, and Integration into Fallout 4.
- Nathan Hoobler (Developer Technology, NVIDIA)
In this talk, we'll discuss: What is AO and why is it SS?, Is screen space enough? , HBAO+ Ultra, Voxel Ambient Occlusion, and VXAO integrations.
- Andrei Tatarinov (Senior Developer Technology Engineer, NVIDIA)
- Alexey Panteleev (Senior Developer Technology Engineer, NVIDIA)
In this talk, we'll discuss: An excursion in temporal super sampling, Stable Specular Highlights, and Shader Programming: What's Next?
- Marco Salvi
- Anton S. Kaplanyan (Research, NVIDIA)
- Tim Foley
In this talk we'll discuss VRWorks Features such as, Multi-Res Shading & VR SLI, as well as UnrealEngine 4 Integration.
- Cem Cebenoyan
- Tristan Lorach
In this talk we'll discuss designing (and programming) for success on Marshmallow
- Lars M. Bishop (Sr. Developer Technologies Engineer, NVIDIA)
In this talk we'll discuss streaming games from the Cloud with GeForce NOW™
- Phil Eisler (General Manager, NVIDIA)