Get the best Android development tools for NVIDIA SHIELD: the ultimate Android gaming platform.
The NVIDIA® SHIELD™ family of devices are made to game. They are built on Android OS - the most popular mobile OS in the world - and designed for gamers who yearn to play when, where and how they want. Powered by the advanced NVIDIA Tegra® mobile processor, console quality game controllers and stunning 4K & HD video and high fidelity audio, NVIDIA SHIELD redefines what gaming can be.
Read an in-depth analysis of the latest Khronos OpenGL ES texture compression format, ASTC. With full hardware acceleration on NVIDIA SHIELD and the NVIDIA Tegra K1, X1 and future processors, ASTC provides developers with a way to use higher quality and more detailed textures, in smaller file and memory footprints.
- Game Developer Conference 2015 - NVIDIA and its partners presented a full day of SHIELD and Android gaming presentations. Get full details on the GDC 2015 event page.
- Game Developer Conference 2014 - Bringing Unreal Engine 4 to OpenGL: Enabling High-End Visuals from PC to Mobile
- GPU Technology Conference 2014 - Android Differentiation Options on Tegra K1
- SIGGRAPH 2013 - Attacking Mobile Entertainment with Sword & SHIELD [slides]
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Programming Project Shield & Tegra 4
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Optimizing Tegra Apps and Games Using Unity
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Performance and Debugging Tools for High-performance Android Applications
- Game Developer Conference 2013 - Tegra 4 & Project SHIELD: Redefining AFK