Get the best Android development tools for NVIDIA SHIELD: the ultimate Android gaming family.
The NVIDIA® SHIELD™ family of devices are made to game. They are built on Android OS - the most popular mobile OS in the world - and designed for gamers who yearn to play when, where and how they want. Powered by the advanced NVIDIA Tegra® mobile processor, console quality game controllers and stunning 4K & HD video and high fidelity audio, NVIDIA SHIELD redefines what gaming can be.
Android TV Developer Guide - Learn best practices for developing on SHIELD and Android TV including preparing games and apps for game controllers, design considerations and Android TV store requirements.
Android TV Deployment Checklist - Check readiness of an app or game for Android TV with NVIDIA's deployment checklist.
Android TV DevCasts - Watch the NVIDIA Developer YouTube Channel for a jump-start on Android TV app development.
Android TV Recommendations - Get introduced to Android TV recommendations: what they are, when to use them, and how to make best use of the Recommendations API.
Android TV App & Game Tuning - Tips and tricks for developing, publishing and tuning apps and games for Android TV and SHIELD.
NVIDIA AndroidWorks Development Tools - AndroidWorks is a professional grade solution which gets Android developers up and coding quickly with a suite of debugging, analysis and deployment tools for all Android platforms.
Guide to Fixing Android Lifecycle Issues - Understand the top Android lifecycle related issues in games that lead to hangs, crashes, and other negative user experiences -- and see how to fix them!
Android Debugging for High Powered Applications - Learn about NVIDIA's suite of development and debugging tools for the Android NDK and how NVIDIA enables EA Firemonkeys and TickTock Games to bring next-gen games to Android.
Android 5 "Lollipop" Development Gotchas - Get development tips and learn what to watch out for in Android's fifth major revision.
- Android TV DevCasts June 2015 - Get a jump start on Android TV app development on the NVIDIA Developer YouTube channel.
- Game Developer Conference 2015 - NVIDIA and its partners presented a full day of SHIELD and Android gaming presentations. Get full details on the GDC 2015 event page.
- Game Developer Conference 2014 - Bringing Unreal Engine 4 to OpenGL: Enabling High-End Visuals from PC to Mobile
- GPU Technology Conference 2014 - Android Differentiation Options on Tegra K1
- SIGGRAPH 2013 - Attacking Mobile Entertainment with Sword & SHIELD [slides]
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Programming Project Shield & Tegra 4
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Optimizing Tegra Apps and Games Using Unity
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Performance and Debugging Tools for High-performance Android Applications
- Game Developer Conference 2013 - Tegra 4 & Project SHIELD: Redefining AFK