NVIDIA GameWorks™ represents NVIDIA's investment in real-time graphics and simulation for games. Over 300 engineers work on a combination of development tools, sample code and advanced libraries enabling developers to create the best performing games ever. We provide these along with support through our web portal and developer forums.
Our debugging, profiling and optimization tools are among the best in the industry for both Desktop and Android. Technologies like PhysX and VisuaFX are easy to integrate into games and provide the features that will amaze and delight gamers. We also provide training and deliver cutting edge presentations at world class venues like GDC and Siggraph throughout the year helping developers exploit the latest techniques for game development.
Solutions Provided in NVIDIA GameWorks
Provides solutions for rendering and effects including:
- Volumetric Lighting Implements a physical model of light scattering through DirectX shaders.
- VXAO Voxel Accelerated Ambient Occlusion
- HFTS Hybrid Frustum Traced Shadows
- FleX Particle based simulation technique for real-time visual effects
- VXGI Voxel Cone Tracing
- HBAO+ Enhanced Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion
- TXAA Temporal Anti-aliasing
- Soft Shadows Improves on PCSS to reach new levels of quality and performance, with the ability to render cascaded shadow maps
- Depth of Field Combination of diffusion based DOF and a fixed cost constant size bokeh effect
- FaceWorks Library for implementing high-quality skin and eye shading
- WaveWorks Cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications
- HairWorks Enabling simulation and rendering of fur, hair and anything with fibers
- GI Works Adding Global Illumination greatly improves the realism of the rendered image
- Turbulence High definition smoke and fog with physical interaction as well as supernatural effects
- FlameWorks A grid based system for generating fire, smoke and explosion effects for games
Rigid bodies, cloth, destruction, particles and fluids:
- PhysX Scalable multi-platform game physics solution supporting a wide range of devices, from smartphones to high-end multicore CPUs and GPUs
- Clothing Quickly generate dynamic clothing. Artist focused with intuitive and easy authoring tools
- Destruction Enables artists to quickly generate pervasive destruction significantly enhancing the gaming experience
- Particles & Fluids Particles enable artists to easily provide a much more immersive environment by using physical particles which can interact e.g. with wind and explosion force fields. Particles can also be used to simulate fluids
Exposing access to NVIDIA Hardware:
The NVIDIA® OptiX™ Ray Tracing Engine is a programmable ray tracing framework.
OptiX is used in the Games to accelerate tasks like accurate ambient occlusion and light baking.
Graphics and compute samples for both OpenGL and DirectX developers, showing cutting edge technique for games.:
Geforce tools for debugging, profiling and optimizing graphics and compute applications:
Android development tools for debugging, profiling and optimizing graphics and compute applications:
VRWorks is NVIDIA's comprehensive suite of APIs, sample code and libraries for VR developers. Game and application developers should join the GameWorks developer program to download the SDK.
NVIDIA GameWorks in action
The NVIDIA GameWorks technology has been already used in a lot of games. Below is just a small selection of recently released games, for more examples, please check out our NVIDIA GameWorks Youtube Channel.
Ubisoft and NVIDIA have been working closely to create the most vivid and breath taking Chicago possible using NVIDIA GameWorks Technologies like HBAO+ and TXAA.Read more
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Ghosts provides a more immersive gaming experience through interactive smoke (NVIDIA Turbulence), dynamic fur on Riley/wolves (NVIDIA HairWorks), and TXAA.Read more
Batman Arkham Origins
Batman Arkham Origins makes use of NVIDIA Turbulence for proper snow, smoke interaction. It also uses NVIDIA ShadowWorks (HBAO+, Adv. Soft Shadows), and NVIDIA PostWorks (TXAA).Read more
Many NVIDIA GameWorks components including tools, samples and binaries are freely available to all developers.
For other binary or source code access please contact us at Game Works Licensing: VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com
To learn more:
Please sign up for the NVIDIA GameWorks Registered Developer Program to gain access to the latest tools and technologies.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our Youtube channel: