Develop For Tegra NOTE 7
NVIDIA Tegra NOTE 7: Complete Android Tablet Platform
Powered by Tegra 4
NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE™ 7 is a complete tablet platform, designed by NVIDIA and brought to market by our partners. It embodies the NVIDIA brand – from our hardware and software (right down to over-the-air "OTA" OS updates), to our industrial design, accessories and network of partners in game development.
NVIDIA owns and maintains the platform and rolls out OTA updates as needed to address developer issues and concerns. This is a huge step forward for the developer community.
For information on NVIDIA's latest tablet powered by the advanced Tegra K1 processor, check out the NVIDIA SHIELD developer guide.
Blogs and Videos
NVIDIA's developer technology team releases ongoing blog posts and video presentations on the latest Tegra and SHIELD developments. See below for the latest blogs and videos.
Tegra NOTE 7 Blogs
- NVIDIA Reveals Tegra NOTE - Complete Tablet Platform, Powered by Tegra 4.
- NVIDIA Showing Off New “DirectStylus” Capabilities for Tegra 4 Tablets - World's 1st High-Quality Passive Stylus.
- Tegra NOTE 7 with DirectStylus - Tegra NOTE 7 is now available at partner sites.
Tegra NOTE 7 Videos
- NVIDIA DirectStylus Demo - With DirectStylus technology, you'll have a responsive and natural stylus experience while surfing the web, playing games and navigating the device UI, in addition to taking notes and drawing.
- NVIDIA DirectStylus Comparison Video - Compare the benefits of the NVIDIA Tegra NOTE 7's DirectStylus technology to the Nexus 7 with a passive stylus and the Galaxy Note 8 with an active stylus.
Developer Resources & Information
Tegra NOTE is an Android based tablet platform built around the NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor. Developers can use Tegra NOTE 7 like any other Android device and it is fully compatible with NVIDIA's suite of development tools and utilities.
Learn tips and tricks for optimizing your application for DirectStylus.
Tegra Development Resources
The Tegra Android Development Pack (TADP) is the perfect companion for developing native Android applications, installing all of the software tools required to develop for Android and optimize for the NVIDIA Tegra processor. From the Android SDK, world class Tegra debugging, profiling and analysis development tools to Tegra Android Operating System images, minimize time spent hunting for the right software versions and downloading files.
Open Source Resources
The Tegra NOTE 7 with Wi-Fi (the "Tegra NOTE 7 model P1640") is built by NVIDIA in partnership with hardware companies from different parts of the globe. The device is sold by: EVGA (USA), Dixons (UK), Zotac (APAC, EU), Gigabyte (APAC), Homecare (China), Eldi(Ukraine), Lava(India). Please check with the relevant vendor in your region for open source release information.
The Tegra NOTE 7 with LTE integration (the "Tegra NOTE 7 LTE model P1988") and the related Wi-Fi version (the "Tegra NOTE 7 WIFI model 1988W"), are built and maintained by NVIDIA and sold by Cherry Mobile (Philippines) and Etuline (Russia). NVIDIA publishes source code and binary packages for the community to use to create custom OS images. Find instructions for the open source packages here:
- Tegra NOTE 7 WIFI (P1988W) open source and binary driver release for OTA0.
- Tegra NOTE 7 LTE (P1988) open source and binary driver release for OTA0.
- Tegra NOTE 7 WIFI (P1988W) open source and binary driver release for the factory image.
- Tegra NOTE 7 LTE (P1988) open source and binary driver release for the factory image.
NVIDIA also publishes binary "recovery images" for users wishing to revert to factory or OTA images for the P1988W and P1988. Download factory and OTA recovery images from the Download Center then unzip from a BASH or CYGWIN command prompt with "bash ./filename.sh" to display the license agreement and unpack the recovery files. Note: if using CYGWIN, be sure to install the "more" command.
To flash a recovery image for the Tegra NOTE 7 WIFI (P1988W), follow these flashing instructions and for the Tegra NOTE 7 LTE (P1988), follow these flashing instructions. Download the recovery image from the Download Center.
Develop for NVIDIA Tegra NOTE 7 today!
Join the NVIDIA GameWorks Registered Developer Program, an important part of NVIDIA's commitment to the Tegra Developer community. This program gives NVIDIA a way to provide pre-release information and content and provide the latest Tegra news, updates, developer tools, samples, OS images, and tips and tricks. All development tools are freely available to Registered Developers under the NVIDIA GameWorks Download Center