NVIDIA SDK Manager
Everything You Need to Set Up Your Development Environment
NVIDIA SDK Manager provides an end-to-end development environment setup solution for NVIDIA’s DRIVE and Jetson SDKs for both host machine and target devices.
✔ Faster than ever
Fast download and streamlined development environment setup.
✔ Packages and dependencies manager
Orchestrates SDKs, tools and driver combinations, secures incompatibilities of software versions.
✔ Supports both host machine and target devices
Installs SDKs on host machine, flashes NVIDIA HW development platforms, supports different OSes.
✔ Designed for developers
GUI and command line applications.
✔ Easy to get
A single location for multiple software development SDKs and tools.
✔ Know when there is an update
Update notifications to get NVIDIA’s latest and greatest.
SDK Manager supports NVIDIA DRIVE and Jetson Development Platforms.
What’s New in SDK Manager v0.9.14:
- Release notes are now available in step 1 of the installation process.
- Network proxy settings contain an option to inherit configured system settings.
- Added the option to change the install location of the target hardware image on the host machine.
- Different target hardware images of the same SDK are now installed in different locations on the host machine.
- Added support to set the periodicity to trigger the SDK Manager check for update mechanism.
- In the Proxy Settings dialog, there is now an option to use a system proxy configuration for network access.
- Users can now uninstall the whole SDK on a host and multiple targets via the Manage NVIDIA SDKs page.
- File download speed has improved by simultaneously downloading several files and using multiple download threads.
- Download speed for a single file has improved for developer.nvidia.com users.
- The maximum concurrent file download count has increased from 3 to 16.
- Added support to check system disk capacity before downloading and installing components on the disk.
- Added the command line option
--archivedversionsto list and install archived SDK versions.
- Added support to retry flashing and installation with a timer in the Jetson pre-flash and post-flash dialog.
- Added a fix that was causing multiple download failures for NVIDIA Developer Zone users.
|Host OS||Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 and 18.04 on x64 system|
|GUI||X11 must be enabled on the host.|
|Dependencies||Requirements vary depending on the deployed SDK.|
Setting Up The Development Environment:
From a terminal window, install the Debian package with the command:
sudo apt install ./sdkmanager-[version].deb
- SDK Manager also supports command line interface. Run
sdkmanager --helpto see the options
From a terminal window, launch SDK Manager with the command:
4. LOGIN & SETUP
From the SDK Manager launch screen, select the appropriate login tab for your account type, NVIDIA Developer (developer.nvidia.com) OR NVONLINE. (partners.nvidia.com) Enter the credentials for your account type, and click Login.
Select the Product Category you would like to install and follow the steps to complete the installation.
For further detail, consult SDK Manager User Guide.
*SDK Manager is using open source software available for download here.