NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 5.3 is available for download under the NVIDIA Registered Developer Program. This release provides developers frame debugging and profiling support for Direct3D 9/11/12, OpenGL, and Vulkan applications with newly added support for OpenVR and HTC Vive, Visual Studio 2017, Microsoft Hybrid laptops, and the latest Pascal GPUs.
This release supports CUDA Toolkit 8.0.
Register for free access to latest Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition releases.
For a complete overview of all Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition features and access to resources, please visit the main Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition page.
New NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 5.3 Features and Improvements:
- Support for Microsoft Hybrid laptops, including frame debugging and profiling with Direct3D 9/11/12, OpenGL, and Vulkan applications
- Khronos Vulkan support has been extended to support HUD, frame capture, and serialization
- New Virtual Reality features include:
- OpenVR support for HTC Vive on Direct3D11 and OpenGL VR applications now complements our Oculus SDK support including:
- frame debugging
- serialize frame captures with API calls and generate source code
- event list viewing
- VR state examination with the VR Inspector
- New Shaders View provides:
- programs and pipelines including links to shader source and microcode
- extended information on the currently selected shader
- Workflow improvements include:
- captures now include screen shot of the rendered image
- serialized frame captures with code generation and perf markers make a single frame a focused, tweakable project for easy replay and experimentation.
- filtering of resources and events
- initiating profiling from the Frame Debugger’s
- Event View push/pop range
- Event View action
- Scubber View action
- Range Profiler action
- normalizing textures and render targets from the HUD
- Range Profiler now shows action and incremental timing
- Added additional OpenGL API function support
- Added additional Vulkan API function support
- Support for Visual Studio 2017, including Enterprise, Pro, and Community editions
- Support for the latest Pascal GPUs