Nsight Visual Studio Edition 5.3 New Features
NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 5.3 is available for download under the NVIDIA Registered Developer Program. This release provides developers frame debugging and profiling support for Direct3D 9/11/12, OpenGL, and Vulkan applications with newly added support for OpenVR and HTC Vive, Visual Studio 2017, Microsoft Hybrid laptops, and the latest Pascal GPUs.
This release supports CUDA Toolkit 8.0.
For a complete overview of all Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition features and access to resources, please visit the main Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition page.
New NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 5.3 Features and Improvements:
- Support for Microsoft Hybrid laptops, including frame debugging and profiling with Direct3D 9/11/12, OpenGL, and Vulkan applications
- Khronos Vulkan support has been extended to support HUD, frame capture, and serialization
- New Virtual Reality features include:
- OpenVR support for HTC Vive on Direct3D11 and OpenGL VR applications now complements our Oculus SDK support including:
- frame debugging
- serialize frame captures with API calls and generate source code
- event list viewing
- VR state examination with the VR Inspector
- New Shaders View provides:
- programs and pipelines including links to shader source and microcode
- extended information on the currently selected shader
- Workflow improvements include:
- captures now include screen shot of the rendered image
- serialized frame captures with code generation and perf markers make a single frame a focused, tweakable project for easy replay and experimentation.
- filtering of resources and events
- initiating profiling from the Frame Debugger’s
- Event View push/pop range
- Event View action
- Scubber View action
- Range Profiler action
- normalizing textures and render targets from the HUD
- Range Profiler now shows action and incremental timing
- Added additional OpenGL API function support
- Added additional Vulkan API function support
- Support for Visual Studio 2017, including Enterprise, Pro, and Community editions
- Support for the latest Pascal GPUs