Nsight Visual Studio Edition 4.7 New Features
For a complete overview of all Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition features and access to resources, please visit the main Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition page.
NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 4.7 is available for download under the NVIDIA GameWorks Registered Developer Program. This release adds support for CUDA 7.5 toolkit, Windows 10, as well as various bug fixes including improved OpenGL and Direct3D workload tracing results.
New NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 4.7 Features:
New in 4.7
Graphics Debugging and Profiling
- Expanded OpenGL API support to include the 4.3 core profile features.
- Added the capability for OpenGL applications to generate source code to replay captured frames outside of the original application. Allows users to compile and rerun the captured frame and share and modify generated code.
- Improved performance in Frame Debugger and Analysis Tracing modes by reduction of interception overhead, resulting in better interactivity and improved accuracy of data measurement.
- Added a new Frame Statistics View that includes call counts for draw calls, dispatches, clears, etc.
- Added a histogram control to the Resources View to visualize color channels and perform range remapping for visualization.
- The Memory View can now export data to CSV or binary files.
Compute Debugging and Profiling
- CUDA 7.5
- Several bug fixes
The Nsight Debugger settings (unless overwritten) now uses the Visual Studio macros: