NVIDIA Tegra: Next Generation Mobile Development
Learn about the powerful NVIDIA® Tegra® mobile processor for Android, Linux, Windows and embedded systems and get the latest free mobile development tools to take your games and applications to the next level.
The NVIDIA Tegra processor powers the most advanced smartphones, tablets, gaming portables, and luxury vehicles in the world. Tegra is a system-on-a-chip (SoC) comprising CPU, GPU and image, video & sound processing cores in a highly energy efficient package that runs a variety of operating systems including Android, Linux and Windows.
NVIDIA creates a suite of tools and utilities to provide a professional Android development experience. The Tegra Android Development Pack (TADP) is the perfect companion for developing native Android applications, installing all of the software tools required to develop across most Android devices and optimize for NVIDIA’s Tegra processor.
For information on Android TV, check out the Android TV Developer Guide.
Get the latest development tools, system specs and OS releases for NVIDIA SHIELD; the ultimate Android gaming device and Android development platform featuring a Tegra processor, HD display, multipoint touchscreen and integrated game controller, all encased in a package that's ready for life on the go.
Tegra Developer Initiatives & Highlights
Count on NVIDIA Tegra Developer Tools to help deliver console-quality games, next-gen apps and unleash the raw power of the Tegra processor. NVIDIA Developer Tools is a collection of applications spanning desktop and mobile targets enabling developers to build, debug, profile and develop class leading and cutting edge software that utilizes the latest visual computing hardware from NVIDIA.
The GameWorks Registered Developer Program is an important part of NVIDIA's commitment to the Tegra Developer community. This free program gives NVIDIA a way to provide pre-release information and content to developers and enable two-way communication about issues and feature requests. It also provides developers with the latest news, updates, tools, samples, and tips and tricks that aren't available to the general public.
- Game Developer Conference 2014 - Bringing Unreal Engine 4 to OpenGL: Enabling High-End Visuals from PC to Mobile
- GPU Technology Conference 2014 - Android Differentiation Options on Tegra K1
- SIGGRAPH 2013 - Attacking Mobile Entertainment with Sword & SHIELD [slides]
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Programming Project Shield & Tegra 4
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Optimizing Tegra Apps and Games Using Unity
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Performance and Debugging Tools for High-performance Android Applications
- Game Developer Conference 2013 - Tegra 4 & Project SHIELD: Redefining AFK