Tegra Android Development Pack
Setting up an Android development environment can be a complex and frustrating experience. NVIDIA simplifies this for all Android developers with a single installer that manages this complexity for you.
The Tegra Android Development Pack installs all software tools required to develop for Android on NVIDIA’s Tegra platform. This suite of developer tools is targeted at Tegra devices, but will configure a development environment that will work with almost any Android device including devices powered by all-new NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 64 bit mobile processor (Google Nexus 9, the first Android 5.0 “Lollipop” tablet with full ARMv8-A 64 bit and OpenGL ES 3.1 + Android Extension Pack support), NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 (NVIDIA® SHIELD™ tablet, Google Project Tango Tablet Development Kit and Xiaomi MiPad), NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 (NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE™ 7 derived family of devices and NVIDIA SHIELD™ portable). Available for Windows, OSX, Ubuntu Linux 32-bit and Ubuntu Linux 64-bit platforms.
"NVIDIA's Tegra Android Development Pack (TADP) and Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition enable a turnkey Unreal Engine 4 development environment for Android. These tools simplify installation of an Android development environment, and ensure that Visual Studio building and debugging of UE4 and NDK is completely seamless."Epic Games on Tegra Android Development Pack and Nsight Tegra
Tegra Android Development Pack (3.0R4) adds immediate support for your 64-bit Android 5.0 application development needs and includes all software tools required to build, debug, analyze and profile for CUDA 6.0 (available on Linux x64 on select devices only), Java, native C/C++, OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenGL ES 3.1 Android Extension Pack, and OpenGL 4.x on ARM based SOCs. This version includes the latest Android SDK (23.0.2) and NDK (r10c) for both 32 and 64 bit devices, NVIDIA Android Developer Tools (Tegra Graphics Debugger, Tegra System Profiler, Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition, PerfHUD ES, PerfKit), CUDA, OpenCV and PhysX support, NVIDIA GameWorks OpenGL sample source code, device drivers and Tegra Developer Kit OS images.
- Support for the Google Nexus 9, Android 5.0 “Lollipop”, and NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 64-bit with custom designed 64-bit Dual-Core Denver CPU and NVIDIA Kepler™ PC Graphics architecture. Note: CUDA is not supported on Nexus 9.
- Latest Android SDK (23.0.2) and NDK (r10c) for both 32 & 64 bit devices from Google.
- Tegra Graphics Debugger 1.3 with added support for OpenGL ES 3.1 Android Extension Pack, OpenGL 4.3 and 4.4 applications.
- Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 2.0 with added support for building and debugging 64-bit Android apps.
- PerfKit 4.1 support for Android.
- NVIDIA GameWorks OpenGL/ES 2.0 Samples with OpenGL ES 3.1 Android Extension Pack examples.
To provide feedback, request additional features or report support issues, please use the Tegra Developer Forums.
- Android SDK r23.0.2
- Android APIs
- Android NDK32 and NDK64 r10c
- Android Build Tools r21.0.2
- Android Platform Tools r21
- Android Support Library r21
- a Google USB Driver r11
- JDK 1.7.0_45
- Eclipse 4.3, CDT 8.2.0, ADT 23.0.2
- Apache Ant 1.8.2
- Gradle 2.1
Tegra Libraries and Tools:
- Tegra Graphics Debugger 1.3 (Win/OSX/Linux)
- Nsight Tegra 2.0, Visual Studio Edition
- Tegra System Profiler 2.2
- CUDA 6.0 on NVIDIA Tegra K1 devices (available on Linux x64 on select devices only)
- PerfHUD ES 2.2 [NVIDIA® SHIELD™ support requires OTA Update 65+]
- PerfHUD 4.1
- OpenCV for Tegra 126.96.36.199
- PhysX 3.3 for Android
- Google Nexus 9 Tablet Support for NVIDIA Tegra K1 64-bit mobile processor. Note: CUDA is not supported on Nexus 9.
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Tablet Support
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Tools Support
- NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE 7 Tools Support
- Google Project Tango Tablet Development Kit Tools Support
Tegra Samples, Docs and OS Images
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.9
- Ubuntu Linux x64 (v12.04, v14.04)
Instructional Videos and Webinars can be found here.
To access older versions of Tegra Android Development Pack, please visit Tegra Android Development Pack Archive.