Tegra Graphics Debugger (L4T)
Tegra Graphics Debugger is a console-grade tool that allows developers to debug and profile OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenGL 4.3, OpenGL 4.4, and OpenGL 4.5, enabling developers to get the most out of the Jetson platform. Tegra Graphics Debugger is built from the ground up with a common UI with NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition.
Download the latest version of NVIDIA Tegra Graphics Debugger for Linux for Tegra in JetPack for L4T. NVIDIA Tegra Graphics Debugger is offered free of charge, but requires NVIDIA Developer Program membership. Not a member? Join the NVIDIA Developer Program here.
Latest standalone Tegra Graphics Debugger download is also available here.
- Real-time examination of draw calls.
- Interactive examination of GPU pipeline state, including visualization of bound textures, geometry and other resources.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and GPU utilization.
Tegra Graphics Debugger 2.5 Release Highlights
- Added theming support for the Tegra Graphics Debugger GUI.
- The Batch Histogram view can be used to visualize draw call buckets, based on primitive count.
- From the Current Target view, you can visualize the current target with an inserted clear call before the selected action.
- In the API Inspector, you can now view query object results and conditional rendering results.
- Client side memory modifications are now visualized.
- All unsupported functions are now logged from the time the application begins.
- Shader viewer performance has been improved when large amounts of sampler and uniforms are being used.
- SSH connection keep alive functionality has been added.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Tegra Graphics Debugger allows you to quickly connect to a Jetson device powered by Tegra K1, Jetson TX1, Jetson TX2, or Jetson TX2i and attach to your graphics mobile application to monitor key software and hardware performance metrics, such as "frames per second" to gauge rendering performance and "GPU utilization" to ensure you're taking full advantage of the hardware. Simple, yet effective, directed tests provide a painless method for identifying application bottlenecks.
Tegra Graphics Debugger
The Frame Debugger grabs a rendered frame from your mobile application for further analysis and debugging. Powerful tools, such as the Scrubber view and the Events list allow you to navigate the massive amounts of data generated by your application. Other views, such as the Resources viewer, allow you to explore your application, examining the various assets, while the API Inspector provides a view into the internals of your application.
The Range Profiler view uses hardware performance monitors to measure unit utilization and bottlenecks, reporting the performance limiters for the rendered frame. The high level overview shows where compute cycles are spent and how much memory traffic is happening where. This gives you a basic idea of how efficient your application is. Additional tools provide more granular details, such as the state bucket, which groups similar rendering commands allowing for optimizations that provide the maximum bang for your buck.
With Tegra Graphics Debugger, you can edit and recompile graphics shader source code on the fly, allowing you to experiment with modifications to your shader source for both performance and debugging. These modifications can easily be toggled or updated to compare rendering or performance results in conjunction with directed tests.
Tegra Graphics Debugger's powerful workflows enable game and graphics developers to get the most out of Jetson TX2, Jetson TX2i, Jetson TX1, and Tegra K1 SOCs. Available on Windows, OSX and Linux for Android platforms, as well as Linux for Tegra, this tool for modern graphics development fits easily into your development environment. Redefine next-gen with NVIDIA Developer Tools.
Supported Operating Systems for Tegra Graphics Debugger Linux for Tegra client:
- Linux Ubuntu v14.04
- Linux Ubuntu v16.04
Supported Target Platforms:
- Jetson TX2
- Jetson TX2i
- Jetson TX1
- Jetson TK1
Supported Graphics APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5
- OpenGL 4.4
- OpenGL 4.3
- OpenGL ES 3.1
- OpenGL ES 3.0
- OpenGL ES 2.0
To provide feedback, request additional features or report support issues, please use the JetPack Feedback Form.