Zeiler received his Ph.D. in machine learning and image recognition, and his research produced the top 5 results in the 2013 ImageNet classification competition.
In a recent interview with BigData-MadeSimple.com he highlights that GPUs are fueling the deep learning renaissance in recent years.
“For computation, graphics processors have become the “goto” computation device, performing about 30x faster than traditional computer CPUs. This was first used around 5 years ago and enabled much more complex models to process much more data, ultimately providing markedly better performance. Graphics processors also happen to be small, relatively cheap, and easy to operate without a massive data center.”
Read the entire interview >>
Matthew Zeiler is the founder and CEO of Clarifai, which uses machine learning and deep neural networks to develop the world’s advanced image recognition system.
- GTC session: Imaging AI Factory Powered by MONAI and NVIDIA Enterprise (Spring 2023)
- GTC session: Solving Computer Vision Grand Challenges in One-Click (Spring 2023)
- GTC session: Developing State of the Art Models in a Short Time – Lessons from Kaggle Grandmasters (Spring 2023)
- Webinar: NVIDIA NGC Jupyter Notebook Day: Image Segmentation
- Webinar: NVIDIA Inception: Maximize Your Benefits
- Webinar: New Frontiers in Breast Cancer Detection