NVIDIA Omniverse is a powerful new collaboration platform for 3D production pipelines based on Pixar Universal Scene Description and NVIDIA RTX™. Developers of 3D applications can build portals to connect their products to Omniverse so customers can seamlessly share assets with other industry standard applications. Omniverse viewer can also be integrated into the application interface, adding an ultra-high quality real time ray traced application viewport.
- It’s easy to add multi-user virtual world collaboration to applications
- Built on open standards such as PIXAR USD, HYDRA, MDL, PhysX
- Microservices framework for adding new cloud computing capabilities
- Access content from anywhere, anytime
- Application portals enable real-time collaborative modeling, layout, materials, animation and lighting between top industry tools
- Real time ray traced RTX Viewer with native support for Multi GPU
- Frictionless asset management, layers and version control
"We’re thrilled to explore the potential of NVIDIA’s Omniverse to give our customers access to immersive, interactive and collaborative experiences across industries. We share their vision of better world modeling and simulation. By combining USD, MDL and RTX, Omniverse promises to accelerate the future of design and make.”
Amy Bunszel, senior vice president of Design and Creation Products at Autodesk
"With Omniverse, NVIDIA has created a product artists will be eager to put to work,When we open sourced USD our goal was to make it easier to combine complex characters and environments into a single scene. Omniverse raises the bar, leveraging USD to enable scalable real time collaborative workflows across some of the industry’s major software packages."
Pixar VP of Software Guido Quaroni
“Omniverse is an exciting concept that will enable artists around the world to collaborate on digital content creation. We look forward to seeing its development and evolution.”
Sebastien Deguy, vice president, 3D and Immersive at Adobe.
"We love the idea of connecting tools from all vendors to enable collaborative workflows. We adopted USD and MDL to streamline workflows where assets originate from many different applications, so it’s great to see NVIDIA extend that ecosystem to enable live connections with simultaneous updates.”
Tim Sweeney, CEO, Epic Games.
Request access to the Omniverse Client SDK or consideration for the lighthouse program