The engine has been upgraded to provide industrial grade simulation quality at game simulation performance. In addition, the PhysX SDK has gone open source! It is available under the simple 3-Clause BSD license. With access to the source code, developers can debug, customize and extend the PhysX SDK as they see fit.
- Temporal Gauss-Seidel Solver (TGS), which makes machinery, characters/ragdolls, and anything else that is jointed or articulated much more robust. TGS dynamically re-computes constraints with each iteration, based on bodies’ relative motion.
- The new reduced coordinate articulations feature makes the simulation of joints possible with no relative position error and realistic actuation..
- New automatic multi-broad phase.
- Increased scalability with new filtering rules for kinematics and statics.
- Actor-centric scene queries significantly improve performance for actors with many shapes.
- Build system now based on CMake.
BSD 3 licensed platforms:
- Apple iOS
- Apple MacOS
- Google Android ARM
- Microsoft Windows
Unchanged NVIDIA EULA platforms:
- Microsoft XBox One
- Sony Playstation 4
- Nintendo Switch
PhysX has been the market leader in physics simulations for more than a decade. The SDK holds the top spot due to continuous upgrades and optimizations; NVIDIA has ensured that PhysX is always ahead of the curve, enabling developers to deliver state-of-the-art physics simulations.
DOWNLOAD PHYSX SDK 4.0 TODAY >