NVIDIA DesignWorks™ is a unique suite of tools and technologies designed specifically for developers creating professional graphics and advanced rendering applications. Now, developers of CAD, AEC, and rendering applications can have a wide range of development tools, sample code, and advanced libraries to do their best work.
Join the NVIDIA Developer Program
Get access to the latest software releases and tools and receive notifications and invites to join special developer events, early access programs and educational webinars. The program is free-to-join and open to all developers.
Platforms and Technologies
Solutions for creating realistic images using ray tracing, or real time rendering techniques with OpenGL®, DirectX®, or Vulkan™
- OptiX programmable ray tracing framework
- MDL SDK description language for materials and lights that can be shared across renderers
- vMaterials library with hundreds of ready to use real world materials
- GVDB Voxels a GPU-based framework for VBD data structures inspired by OpenVDB used for motion picture visual effects and modelling.
- IndeX 3D Visualization for Discovery and Exploration
- VXGI real-time global illumination NVIDIA Pro Pipeline high performance rendering pipeline for scenes with complex scene graphs
- Rendering Methods optimized sampling algorithms for faster image convergence, modified shading and more
Immersive design applications can benefit tremendously from the latest virtual reality technology.
- VRWorks is NVIDIA’s set of APIs, libraries, and features that enable both VR headset and application developers to deliver amazing VR experiences.
Technologies for visualizing your designs with high fidelity at any scale
- Mosaic multi-display scaling and synchronization
- Warp & Blend adjust geometry and intensity for multi-projector systems
Rigid bodies, cloth, destruction, particles and fluids:
- PhysX Scalable physics solution
- Clothing Quickly generate dynamic clothing
- Destruction Enables artists to quickly generate pervasive destruction
- Particles & Fluids Physical particles which can interact with wind and other forces. Particles can also be used to simulate fluids
Incorporate live video streams at low latency
- Optical Flow SDK exposes the latest hardware capability of Turing GPUs dedicated to computing the relative motion of pixels between images.
- GPUDirect for Video Video I/O
- Video Codec SDK complete set of high-performance NVIDIA video codecs
- Capture SDK capture and video compression software development kit
- DeepStream SDK processes real-time videos and images using hardware-accelerated decode to build end-to-end computer vision applications.
Access and manage NVIDIA Hardware through an application interface
- NVAPI full access to NVIDIA GPUs and drivers in any UI and non-UI application
- NVWMI graphics/display management through Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation
- NVML API for monitoring and managing various states of NVIDIA GPUs
- Virtual GPU Software Management SDK build monitoring and management solutions optimized for NVIDIA GRID
Graphics and compute samples for developers of professional design applications.
Tools for debugging, profiling and optimizing graphics and compute applications:
- Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition Build, Debug, Profile and Trace graphics and compute applications
- PerfKit Suite of performance tools to help debug and profile OpenGL and Direct3D applications
- Linux Graphics Debugger Tool for debugging and profiling OpenGL applications in Linux
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NVIDIADesign