Welcome to Tegra Android Development
Setting up an Android development environment can be a complex task. NVIDIA simplifies this for all Android developers with a single installer that manages this complexity for you on Windows (32/64- bit), Mac OS X and Ubuntu Linux (32 bit/x64). Development tools installed include; Android SDK, Android NDK, JDK, Cygwin, Eclipse, CDT, ADT, Apache Ant and NVIDIA Debug Manager for Eclipse.
Join the Tegra Registered Developer Program
The Tegra Registered Developer Program is an important part of NVIDIA’s commitment to the Tegra Developer community. This program gives NVIDIA a way to provide pre-release information and content to its most important developers, and enable two-way communication about issues and feature requests. It also provides you with the latest Tegra news, updates, developer tools, samples, OS images, and tips and tricks that aren’t available to the public. Plus, all development tools are freely available to members of the Tegra Registered Developer Program.
Sign up for free access to the Tegra Developer Registered Program. The application process includes creating a Developer Zone account. If you already have a Developer Zone account, start here instead.
Downloads and Resources
Download the latest the complete list of available Tegra Android resources at Tegra Downloads and Resources page. If you are a new Tegra developer or are simply looking to get your Tegra developer kit setup and running, we recommend visiting the Tegra Downloads and Resources page, especially for the Tegra Android Developer Pack (TADP). In order to download these files, you must be a member of the Tegra Registered Developer Program. To join, simply apply here for a free account. The application process includes creating a Developer Zone account. If you already have a Developer Zone account, start here instead.
Guides and Documentation
Read the latest guides and documentation on how to get started with developing on NVIDIA Tegra. General Android development information, hardware setup how-tos, performance analyzation and debugging tools guides, technical references, etc., are all available at your disposal.
- Tegra Android Toolkit - Introduction to Tegra Android development using the Tegra Android Toolkit.
- Tegra Hardware Guides - Steps to setup your Tegra dev hardware platform for development.
- Develop Tegra Android NDK Applications - How to use Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition to develop Tegra Android NDK apps.
- How to Analyze Performance - Analyze the performance of apps with PerfHUD ES and other tools.
- Tools Documentation - Documentation for Tegra Profiler, PerfHUD ES, and other tools.
- Technical Reference - Reference technical information on Tegra platforms.
- Develop for NVIDIA® SHIELD™ - NVIDIA® SHIELD™-centric landing page for all development needs.
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Programming Project Shield & Tegra 4
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Optimizing Tegra Apps and Games Using Unity
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Performance and Debugging Tools for High-performance Android Applications
- Game Developer Conference 2013 - Tegra 4 & Project SHIELD: Redefining AFK
For additional support visit our developer forums where you can read about common problems and solutions by other developers or pose your own questions for support.