NVIDIA DesignWorks™ is a unique suite of tools and technologies designed specifically for developers creating professional graphics and advanced rendering applications. Now, developers of CAD, AEC, and rendering applications can have a wide range of development tools, sample code, and advanced libraries to do their best work.
This suite of technologies includes NVIDIA OptiX™ for building ray tracing applications, NVIDIA Material Definition Language (MDL) for sharing materials between applications, and more than 20 other tools for creating, visualizing and sharing digital designs. They’re easy to integrate and deliver unprecedented performance and quality for modern design workflows. Several DesignWorks components are also valuable for media and entertainment, medical imaging, energy exploration, and other professional applications. The solution even includes debugging, profiling and optimization tools that are among the best in the industry.
The tools and support are easy to access through our web portal and developer forums. Training and technical presentations are also given at industry events such as our yearly GPU Technology Conference (GTC) and SIGGRAPH.
Platforms and technologies available in NVIDIA DesignWorks
Solutions for creating realistic images using ray tracing, or real time rendering techniques with OpenGL®, DirectX®, or Vulkan
- Iray SDK rendering by simulating the physical behavior of light and materials
- MDL SDK description language for materials and lights that can be shared across renderers
- vMaterials library with hundreds of ready to use real world materials
- OptiX programmable ray tracing framework
- VXGI real-time global illumination
- IndeX real-time scalable visualization of volumetric data
- Path Rendering GPU-acceleration for 2D vector graphics
- Rendering Methods optimized sampling algorithms for faster image convergence, modified shading and more
Technologies for visualizing your designs with high fidelity at any scale
- Mosaic multi-display scaling and synchronization
- nView desktop management software for single or multi monitor workspace
- Warp & Blend adjust geometry and intensity for multi-projector systems
- GRID SDK remote display and streaming technology
Immersive design applications can benefit tremendously from the latest virtual reality technology. DesignWorks VR is NVIDIA’s set of APIs, libraries, and features that enable both VR headset and application developers to deliver amazing VR experiences.
Rigid bodies, cloth, destruction, particles and fluids:
- PhysX Scalable physics solution
- Clothing Quickly generate dynamic clothing
- Destruction Enables artists to quickly generate pervasive destruction
- Particles & Fluids Physical particles which can interact with wind and other forces. Particles can also be used to simulate fluids
Incorporate live video streams at low latency
Access and manage NVIDIA Hardware through an application interface
- NVAPI full access to NVIDIA GPUs and drivers in any UI and non-UI application
- NVWMI graphics/display management through Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation
- NVML API for monitoring and managing various states of NVIDIA GPUs
Graphics and compute samples for developers of professional design applications.
Tools for debugging, profiling and optimizing graphics and compute applications:
- Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition Build, Debug, Profile and Trace graphics and compute applications
- PerfKit Suite of performance tools to help debug and profile OpenGL and Direct3D applications
- Linux Graphics Debugger Tool for debugging and profiling OpenGL applications in Linux
Many NVIDIA DesignWorks components including tools, samples and binaries are freely available to all developers.
For other binary or source code access please contact us at: ContactDesignWorks@nvidia.com
You can also follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nvidiadeveloper