NVIDIA Nsight Tegra
Develop, build, debug and deploy native applications for Android, the world's most popular operating system, using Microsoft Visual Studio, the world’s most popular integrated development environment.
Includes technology developed by Mentor Embedded
NVIDIA® Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition brings the raw development power and efficiency of Microsoft Visual Studio to Android, giving you the right tools for the job. Flexible project management, accelerated compilation and integrated debugging, no need to massage makefiles and shell scripts, no voodoo magic or arcane incantations required.
Android Native Development + Microsoft Visual Studio
"Epic’s use of Nsight Tegra has been crucial for the efficient development of Unreal Engine 4’s Android features. We’re delighted to see AndroidWorks extend support beyond Tegra so Unreal Engine developers can remain in their favorite authoring tools during all development scenarios. NVIDIA’s tool advancements are refining Android to a level matching game console development."Niklas Smedberg, Senior Graphics Programmer at Epic Games
"Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition is our favorite tool for Android development. It enables our developers to stay in a single environment and focus on the speed, performance, and fun rather than toolchains, makefiles, and headaches. We've used it for years."Thomas Williamson, CEO, War Drum Studios LLC
"Porting a Playstation 4 game to Android with GDB and printf debugging was painful, but I nearly pooped myself with excitement there when I first saw NVIDIA Nsight Tegra natively build and debug in Visual Studio just like when the game was originally developed!"David Grayson, Sr Software Engineer, Zombie Studios
Download the latest version of NVIDIA Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition in AndroidWorks. Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition is offered free of charge, but requires NVIDIA GameWorks™ Registered Developer Program membership.
Standalone Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition downloads are also available at NVIDIA GameWorks™ Download Center
Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition
Highlights for previous releases can be found here.
Android Visual Studio Projects
- Full Android ABI support (ARM v7, ARM v8, x86, x64), supporting devices such as:
- Galaxy Tab S T800 (Android 4.4.2, ARM)
- Nexus 7 2013 (Android 5.1.1, ARM)
- Nexus 6 (Android 5.1 , ARM)
- Huawei CL-10 (Android 4.4, ARM)
- ASUS Memopad (x86)
- Google Nexus Player Android TV (x86)
- Google Nexus 9 Tablet Support for NVIDIA Tegra K1 64-bit mobile processor. Note: CUDA is not supported on Nexus 9.
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Android TV Support
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Tablet Support
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Portable Support
- NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE 7 Tools Support
- Google Project Tango Tablet Development Kit Tools Support
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Professional or Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional, SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich+)
Instructional Videos and Webinars can be found here.