NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 5.2 Release Candidate 2 is now available for download in the NVIDIA Registered Developer Program. This release added features for virtual reality application developers, including Oculus SDK and OpenGL Multicast support as well as a dedicated VR Inspector view. Vulkan API support has been added and Direct3D 12 support has been extended. We introduced the Range Profiler as well as expanded compute and graphics debugging features, including support for long lived variables and the FP16 datatype with the Pascal GPU family.
This release candidate has fixed a number of bugs, added documentation for newer features, and improved the UI.
Take a look at some of the highlights in the new NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 5.2 release:
- The latest Pascal GPUs are supported by the Frame Debugger with more support to be added in the next release.
- Added new Virtual Reality features including support for the latest Oculus SDK for both OpenGL and Direct3D, support for the OpenGL Multicast extension, and a VR Inspector view for VR API usage.
- Added support for the latest API from Khronos: Vulkan.
- The Range Profiler is a powerful new view for determining how your application utilizes the GPU.
- Improved the Geometry View with powerful visualization capabilities and automated detection of vertex buffer data errors.
- Updated the Graph Configuration View with improved filtering.
- The Frame Debugger has added the Capture Next Frame feature to help track down intermittent issues.
- Direct3D 12 support has been enhanced.
- Pascal GPU family support, including the NVIDIA TITAN X, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060.
- FP16 datatype support
Visit the Nsight Visual Studio Edition 5.2 new features page and Nsight Visual Studio Edition page for more details on these exciting new features.