NVIDIA OptiX™ Downloads
OptiX is free to use within any application, including commercial and educational applications. To download, you must be a member of the NVIDIA Developer Program.
- Programmable GPU-accelerated Ray-Tracing Pipeline
- Single-ray shader programming model using C++
- Optimized for current and future generations of NVIDIA GPU architectures
- Transparently scales across multiple GPUs
- Automatically combines GPU memory over NVLink for large scenes
- AI Accelerated rendering using Tensor Cores
- Ray Tracing acceleration using RT Cores
- Free for Commercial-Use
- ARM support
By clicking the "Accept & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the SOFTWARE DEVELOPER KITS, SAMPLES AND TOOLS LICENSE AGREEMENT for use of the SDK package. The download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Accept & Download" button below.
Release Notes (90KB, PDF)
[DEVBLOG] - How to get started with OptiX 7 DevBlog
NOTE: Requires NVIDIA 522.25 driver or newer.
Release Highlights NVIDIA® OptiX™ 7.6 (October 2022)
The OptiX 7.6 SDK adds support for Opacity Micromaps (OMMs) which provide hardware accelerated alpha mask checks for triangle mesh geometry. OptiX 7.6 OMMs leverage the new Ada Lovelace generation of GPUs to provide hardware acceleration of OMMs, while previous generations are supported through an optimized software implementation.
OptiX support is available on NVIDIA's Developer Zone at: https://developer.nvidia.com/optix-forums
If you have any confidential concerns please send your issues directly to OptiX-Help@NVIDIA.com and we will do our best to address them. E-mailed questions found not to be confidential will often be redirected to the forum so the community can benefit from the answers.