NVIDIA ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT TOOLKIT
WHAT IS THE NVIDIA ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT TOOLKIT, AND WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
NVIDIA Enterprise Management Toolkit (NVWMI) is a graphics/display management and control technology that interfaces with Microsoft's Windows Management Instrumentation infrastructure, specific to NVIDIA professional graphics solutions. NVWMI allows scripts and programs to be created that configure specific graphics & display related settings, perform automated tasks, and retrieve and display a range of information associated with the professional graphics solution.
Supported Operating Systems
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows 7
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows 8
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows 8.1
K6000, K5000, K4000, K2000D, K2000, K600, K5100M, K4100M, K3100M, K2100M, K1100M, K610M, K510M, K5000M, K4000M, K3000M, K2000M, K1000M, K500M, FX 5800, FX 580, FX 570, FX 5600, FX 4800, FX 4700 X2, FX 4600, FX 380 Low Profile, FX 3800, FX 380, FX 3700, FX 370, FX 3450, FX 1800, FX 1700, FX 1800M, FX 880M, FX 380M, CX, 7000, 6000, 5000, 4000 for Mac, 4000, 2000D, 2000, 600, 410, 400
Quadro/NVIDIA NVS Series:
NVS 510, NVS 450, NVS 420, NVS 315, NVS 310, NVS 300, NVS 295, NVS 290
Quadro Plex Series:
S Series, Model IV, D Series, 7000
For this version of NVWMI, the recommended NVIDIA Display Driver Package version is 331.28 or newer version. NVWMI may get installed on an earlier NVDIA Driver Package but there is a possibility that some of the NVWMI features/commands may not function and return "not supported".
- NVIDIA Enterprise Management Toolkit (NVWMI) SDK 2.20
- NVWMI Standalone Installer
- White Paper : NVIDIA WMI v02
- Through the integration within Microsoft's WMI, NVWMI also operates across networks making it powerful for local and remote administration and configuration of Windows systems on corporate networks.
NVWMI can be used from a number of different clients:
- The WMI command line tool, wmic.exe, provided by the Windows Operating System
- WMI Scripting APIs using VBScript or PowerShell
- Applications developed in C++ or .NET Framework written in C# or Visual Basic .NET
- NVWMI can be used from the command line (wmic.exe), and client applications and scripts. See MSDN article Using WMI for recommendations on selecting a language for NVWMI client implementation.
- NVWMI provides performance counters with information about the state of NVIDIA hardware in real-time. Performance counters are accessible using standard OS tools such as Microsoft Performance Monitor or programmatically.
NVWMI FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
Query system specific information such as driver version, firmware version, and VBIOS version etc
Enumeration and query of NVIDIA GPUs, Boards, Thermal Probes, and Coolers
Enumeration, query, and configuration of NVIDIA® Mosaic™ and individual displays. Ability to query and set display modes, save and load EDIDs
Manage Quadro Sync and other GPU features on systems within the visualization cluster
Save, Load and Apply system state related to Display, nView, 3d Settings, and Application Profiles
Query and configure settings related to nView Desktop Manager
Event Notifications related to Cooler and Thermal Probes
Performance counters with information about the state of NVIDIA hardware in real-time
Full compatibility with Microsoft WMI. Allows remote administration of GPUs and Displays of the client computer
Logging and Tracing Capability:
Supported Microsoft Windows Event Logs, Debug stream, and File Logs
NVWMI COMPONENTS, SAMPLES & DOCUMENTATION
- The NVWMI MOF File and the Reference Documentation as a compiled HTML help (.chm) file are provided in each download of SDK and the Installable package
- Sample programs are provided in the SDK package
- The basics of NVIDIA WMI are explained in a whitepaper - NVIDIA WMI
- For more details about Microsoft WMI - Windows Management Instrumentation