NVIDIA PerfKit is a comprehensive suite of performance tools to help debug and profile OpenGL and Direct3D applications.
It gives you access to low-level performance counters inside the driver and hardware counters inside the GPU itself. The counters can be used to determine exactly how your application is using the GPU, identify performance issues, and confirm that performance problems have been resolved.
NVIDIA PerfKit is available separately for 3 target platforms. PC packages includes support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8, Windows 7, and Vista platforms. Android packages includes support for NVIDIA Tegra TK1 devices running Android OS. Linux for Tegra packages includes support for NVIDIA Jetson TK1 development platform.
The performance counters are available directly in your OpenGL and DirectX applications, giving you low-latency access to PerfKit performance counters directly from the driver.
The latest version of NVIDIA PerfKit does not contain NVIDIA PerfHUD. PerfHUD functionality has been added to Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition. NVIDIA® Nsight™ Development Platform, Visual Studio Edition is a graphics debugging and profiling environment integrated into Visual Studio.
We recommend all PerfHUD users to migrate to using the latest versions of Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition. All future development of PerfHUD will be deprecated as a result of full PerfHUD feature support in Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition. The last released version of PerfHUD is available here.
Select the appropriate platform:
Desktop PC Android Linux for Tegra
Android and Linux for Tegra packages are only available as part of Tegra Android Development Pack and Jetson TK1 Development Pack respectively.
- New in 4.4.0 Support for the all-new NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X and Quadro M6000
- New in 4.2.3 Support for the all-new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
- New in 4.2.3 Support for the all-new NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV console
- [Windows] New command line tool for controlling driver instrumentation.
- [Windows] New sample applications on windows.
- New in 4.1.0 Support for the all-new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- New in 4.0.0 Support for the new Maxwell GPU architecture
- New in 3.1.0 Windows 8 Support
- New in 3.1.0 Kepler GK208 Support
Notes and Known Issues
- SLI configurations are not supported.
- On newer drivers, applications may need to be run as administrator.
To access older versions of NVIDIA PerfKit, please visit NVIDIA GameWorks™ Download Center.
Please see PerfKit End User License Agreement for license details.