NVIDIA PerfKit is a comprehensive suite of performance tools to help debug and profile OpenGL and Direct3D applications.
It gives you access to low-level performance counters inside the driver and hardware counters inside the GPU itself. The counters can be used to determine exactly how your application is using the GPU, identify performance issues, and confirm that performance problems have been resolved.
NVIDIA PerfKit is available separately for 3 target platforms. PC packages includes support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Vista platforms. Android packages includes support for NVIDIA Tegra TK1 and TX1 devices running Android OS. Linux for Tegra support is available under NVIDIA PerfKit (L4T) targeting the NVIDIA Jetson Embedded Platform.
The performance counters are available directly in your OpenGL and DirectX applications, giving you low-latency access to PerfKit performance counters directly from the driver.
- New in 4.4.0 Support for the all-new NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X and Quadro M6000
- New in 4.2.3 Support for the all-new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
- New in 4.2.3 Support for the all-new NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV console
- [Windows] New command line tool for controlling driver instrumentation.
- [Windows] New sample applications on windows.
- New in 4.1.0 Support for the all-new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- New in 4.0.0 Support for the new Maxwell GPU architecture
- New in 3.1.0 Windows 8 Support
- New in 3.1.0 Kepler GK208 Support
Notes and Known Issues
- NVIDIA Perfkit support does not go beyond the Maxwell platforms. PerfWorks is the successor to NVIDIA’s Perfkit.
- SLI configurations are not supported.
- Perfkit support is limited to the following drivers below depending on the user’s Windows configuration. Applications may need to be run as administrator.
- Windows 7, 32-bit – Driver version needed (347.74)
- Windows 7, 64-bit – Driver version needed (368.39)
- Windows 10, 64-bit – Driver version needed (368.39)
To access older versions of NVIDIA PerfKit, please visit NVIDIA GameWorks™ Download Center.
Please see PerfKit End User License Agreement for license details.