The NVIDIA® Tegra® processor powers the most advanced smartphones, tablets, gaming portables, and luxury vehicles in the world. Tegra is a system-on-a-chip (SoC) comprising CPU, GPU and image, video & sound processors in a highly energy efficient package that runs a variety of operating systems including Android, Linux and Windows.
NVIDIA creates a suite of tools and utilities to provide a professional Android development experience. The Tegra Android Development Pack (TADP) is the perfect companion for developing native Android applications, installing all of the software tools required to develop across most Android devices and optimize for NVIDIA’s Tegra processor.
Get the latest development tools, system specs and OS releases for NVIDIA SHIELD; the ultimate Android gaming device and Android development platform featuring a Tegra processor, HD display, multipoint touchscreen and integrated game controller, all encased in a package that's ready for life on the go.
Tegra Developer Initiatives & Highlights
Count on NVIDIA Tegra Developer Tools to help deliver console-quality games, next-gen apps and unleash the raw power of the Tegra processor. NVIDIA Developer Tools is a collection of applications spanning desktop and mobile targets enabling developers to build, debug, profile and develop class leading and cutting edge software that utilizes the latest visual computing hardware from NVIDIA.
Best practices on developing for Android TV and preparing games and apps for game controllers like those found on NVIDIA SHIELD, next-gen mobile devices and microconsoles.
Get the latest GameWorks resources plus tools and downloads for NVIDIA Tegra devices.
Get developer information on the advanced stylus capabilities of the NVIDIA Tegra NOTE 7 tablet and other Tegra powered devices.
Watch sessions detailing how to best use NVIDIA's developer tools to debug and optimize games and real-time graphics applications for Windows, Linux and Android.
The GameWorks Registered Developer Program is an important part of NVIDIA's commitment to the Tegra Developer community. This free program gives NVIDIA a way to provide pre-release information and content to developers and enable two-way communication about issues and feature requests. It also provides developers with the latest news, updates, tools, samples, and tips and tricks that aren't available to the general public.
- Game Developer Conference 2014 - Bringing Unreal Engine 4 to OpenGL: Enabling High-End Visuals from PC to Mobile
- GPU Technology Conference 2014 - Android Differentiation Options on Tegra K1
- SIGGRAPH 2013 - Attacking Mobile Entertainment with Sword & SHIELD [slides]
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Programming Project Shield & Tegra 4
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Optimizing Tegra Apps and Games Using Unity
- GPU Technology Conference 2013 - Performance and Debugging Tools for High-performance Android Applications
- Game Developer Conference 2013 - Tegra 4 & Project SHIELD: Redefining AFK