Tegra Android Development Pack
Setting up an Android development environment can be a complex and frustrating experience. NVIDIA simplifies this for all Android developers with a single installer that manages this complexity for you.
The Tegra Android Development Pack 2.0 installs all software tools required to develop for Android on NVIDIA’s Tegra platform. This suite of developer tools is targeted at Tegra devices, but will configure a development environment that will work with almost any Android device including NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE™ 7 derived family of devices and NVIDIA SHIELD™, the premiere platform for developing Android games powered by Tegra 4. Available for Windows, OSX, Ubuntu Linux 32-bit and Ubuntu Linux 64-bit platforms.
The Developer Tools team is proud to release a refreshed Tegra Android Development Pack (2.0r7) to include the latest Android SDK (22.3) and NDK (r9b), full suite of NVIDIA Android Developer Tools, drivers and Tegra Developer Kit OS images to bring the newest features and support for Android development. The latest release (2.0r7) adds the following enhancements.
- Latest Android SDK (22.3) and NDK (r9b).
- PhysX for Android updated to 3.3
- Tegra System Profiler 2.0 Beta, featuring a re-engineered cross-platform user interface for Windows and Linux.
- An updated Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition with support for the latest NDK versions (r8b-r9b) and CLANG. See Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition for full list of updates.
- Updated to the latest tools (PerfHUD ES 2.1, Tegra System Profiler 1.3)/SDKs
- Tools support for the new NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE™ 7 derived family of devices.
- Latest samples, tips and documentation for Tegra Android development.
- Numerous performance and stability enhancements.
- Updated OS images for Tegra Development Kit Platforms (Dalmore, Pluto, Ceres).
To provide feedback, request additional features or report support issues, please use the Tegra Developer Forums.
- Android SDK r22.3
- Android APIs
- Android NDK r9b
- Google USB Driver
- Android Support Library
- JDK 1.6.0_45
- Cygwin 1.7
- Eclipse 4.3, CDT 8.2.0, ADT 22.0.4
- Apache Ant 1.8.2
Tegra Libraries and Tools:
* New support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8
- Nsight Tegra 1.4, Visual Studio Edition [Windows Only]
- NVIDIA Debug Manager for Android
- PerfHUD ES 2.1 [SHIELD support requires OTA Update 65+]
- Tegra Profiler 1.3
- [BETA] Tegra System Profiler 2.0
- OpenCV for Tegra 2.4.5
- PhysX 3.3 for Android
- SHIELD Tools Support
- Tegra NOTE 7 Tools Support
Tegra Samples, Docs and OS Images
- Tegra SDK Samples
- Tegra SDK Documentation
- Tegra 3 OS Images for Cardhu and Ventana development kits
- Tegra 4 OS Images for Dalmore and Pluto development kits
- Tegra 4i OS Images for Ceres development kits
All Tegra SDK Samples will also be imported into an Eclipse workspace.
The pack provides sample applications, support libraries and updated documentation for the following Android game development topics:
- Pure native gaming on Android with NativeActivity
- Getting Android application lifecycle just right
- Tips for (and benefits of) mixing a little Java into your native Android game for better integration
- Supporting game controllers, sensors, multi-touch and device rotation
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Ubuntu Linux x64 (v10.10, v11.04, v12.04)
To access older versions of Tegra Android Development Pack, please visit Tegra Android Development Pack Archive.