Tegra Android Development Pack
Setting up an Android development environment can be a complex and frustrating experience. NVIDIA simplifies this for all Android developers with a single installer that manages this complexity for you.
The Tegra Android Development Pack 2.0 installs all software tools required to develop for Android on NVIDIA’s Tegra platform. This suite of developer tools is targeted at Tegra devices, but will configure a development environment that will work with almost any Android device including NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE™ 7 derived family of devices and NVIDIA SHIELD™, the premiere platform for developing Android games powered by Tegra 4. Available for Windows, OSX, Ubuntu Linux 32-bit and Ubuntu Linux 64-bit platforms.
"NVIDIA's Tegra Android Development Pack (TADP) and Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition 1.5 enable a turnkey Unreal Engine 4 development environment for Android. These tools simplify installation of an Android development environment, and ensure that Visual Studio building and debugging of UE4 and NDK is completely seamless."Epic Games on Tegra Android Development Pack and Nsight Tegra
The Developer Tools team is proud to release the latest Tegra Android Development Pack (2.0r8). This version includes Android SDK (22.3) and NDK (r9c) support, new versions of NVIDIA Android Developer Tools (Tegra System Profiler, Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition, PerfHUD ES), drivers and Tegra Developer Kit OS images; bringing cutting edge features and support for latest Android devices including the NVIDIA® SHIELD™ portable gaming device.
- Latest Android SDK (22.3), NDK (r9c) and Build/Platform Tools from Google.
- First production release of Tegra System Profiler 2.0, featuring a re-engineered cross-platform user interface for Windows and Linux with full support for NVIDIA® SHIELD™ and NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE 7
- Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition 1.5 now supports Visual Studio 2013, updated support for the latest NDK version (r9c), loading performance speedups and improved MSBuild/makefile compatibility.
- Updated to PerfHUD ES 2.2, adding up-to 10x faster frame debugger captures, support retrospect 2x2 texture and zero viewpoints and various feature updates and bug fixes
- Improved web installer for better support for multithreading and connections behind a proxy server.
- Revamped documentation under the NVIDIA GameWorks Documentation.
- Numerous performance and stability enhancements.
- Updated OS images for Tegra Development Kit Platforms (Dalmore, Pluto, Ceres).
To provide feedback, request additional features or report support issues, please use the Tegra Developer Forums.
- Android SDK r22.3
- Android APIs
- Android NDK r9c
- Android Build/Platform Tools 19.0.1
- Android Support Library r18
- Latest Google USB Driver
- JDK 1.6.0_45
- Cygwin 1.7
- Eclipse 4.3, CDT 8.2.0, ADT 22.3.0
- Apache Ant 1.8.2
Tegra Libraries and Tools:
* New support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8
- Nsight Tegra 1.5, Visual Studio Edition [Windows Only]
- NVIDIA Debug Manager for Android
- PerfHUD ES 2.2 [SHIELD support requires OTA Update 65+]
- Tegra System Profiler 2.0
- OpenCV for Tegra 2.4.5
- PhysX 3.3 for Android
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Tools Support
- NVIDIA® Tegra NOTE 7 Tools Support
Tegra Samples, Docs and OS Images
- Tegra SDK Samples
- Tegra SDK Documentation
- Tegra 3 OS Images for Cardhu and Ventana development kits
- Tegra 4 OS Images for Dalmore and Pluto development kits
- Tegra 4i OS Images for Ceres development kits
All Tegra SDK Samples will also be imported into an Eclipse workspace.
The pack provides sample applications, support libraries and updated documentation for the following Android game development topics:
- Pure native gaming on Android with NativeActivity
- Getting Android application lifecycle just right
- Tips for (and benefits of) mixing a little Java into your native Android game for better integration
- Supporting game controllers, sensors, multi-touch and device rotation
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Ubuntu Linux x64 (v10.10, v11.04, v12.04)
To access older versions of Tegra Android Development Pack, please visit Tegra Android Development Pack Archive.