The PhysX Visual Debugger (PVD) allows you to visualize, debug, and interact with your PhysX application's physical scene representation. The PhysX Visual Debugger (Version 2.0.6) supports the current PhysX SDK release and all previous versions.
PVD offers the following powerful features:
- View object frames, contact points, bounds, velocities, center of mass, force fields, and more
- Left-click and drag to interact with objects
- Examine the complete set of physical properties for each physical object
- Object transparency for complex scenes
- Up-axis definition for compatibility with various scene formats
- Orbit and flythrough cameras
- Left-handed and right-handed coordinate systems
- Scene statistics and profiling (better for PhysX 3.1 and above, than for 2.x)
Please note that you must use the PhysX SDK and enable interaction in order to use the PVD on your application. For more information, please see the PVD's help menu.
Click here for a Tutorial video demonstrating PVD.
To use the PhysX Visual Debugger, please follow these steps:
- Start the PhysX Visual Debugger.
- Start the application you want to analyze.
- Press space bar in the PVD to pause the application and start viewing object properties.
- Click on any object to see its properties.
Please see the PVD's help menu to learn more about how to use it.
The installer for the PhysX Visual Debugger is available free of charge through the NVIDIA APEX/PhysX Registered Developer Program, please click here for more information about the PhysX Downloads on RDP.