Download NVIDIA Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop
For Adobe Photoshop 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6.
- Added Adobe Photoshop CS6 and 5.1 support.
- Updated installer for silent installs.
- DDS export now supports PSDs with transparent layers, but without alpha channel.
- DDS export now supports manually added alpha channels.
- DXT5 export now supports volume textures.
- Bug fix for using DDS plugin in Corel PaintShopPro.
- Bug fix for mipster script that add unnecessary pixel.
- Bug fix for exporting DXT1 that creates alpha channels and DXT1A that does not create alpha channel.
- Bug fix in loading of cubemap with mipmaps.
- Bug fix in loading cubemap when alpha map is black on the 6th face.
- Bug fix in 4x4 alpha encoding.
- Bug fix in production, highest quality selection.
NVIDIA Normal Map filter
The NVIDIA Normal Map filter creates normal maps from grayscale height maps. The filter UI provides a powerful 3D preview and a variety of filtering options. For MIP-mapped normal maps, the NormalMap Filter should be used for preview only, and then the grayscale map exported via the DDS plugin with "Normal Map Settings..." enabled. This will create a normal map with maximal detail and fidelity for all texture levels, without undesirable filter aliasing.
NVIDIA DDS plug-in
The NVIDIA DDS plug-in supports the DXTC texture compression format and allows you to open and save .dds files in RGB format. It reads and writes .dds files in compressed or uncompressed forms, provides support for per-MIP color fading, MIP-corrected normal mapping, and more.
Mipster is a mip-map generation script, for Photoshop CS2 and above, that leverages the power of Photoshop’s internal image filtering engine along with the (optional) NVIDIA DDS Plug-in and Normal Map Filter (for Windows). While Mipster will function without either of these NVIDIA plug-ins (e.g., on OSX), it works best in tandem with them. Running Mipster on any image will create a collection of mip-map layers in your current Photoshop document -- one layer per MIP.
Cube Map Shuffler
This script rearranges cube-map-face elements for use with different export and editing tools. It can quickly convert and copy between different cubemap layout formats, a task that has previously been annoyingly slow and error-prone. If you are used to editing cube map faces, you’ll find this script makes format changes a lot easier.