PerfHUD ES provides in-depth analysis of OpenGL ES applications on Tegra based devices. In order to target optimizations where they are most needed, developers are given access to GPU performance and bottleneck information. The debugging capabilities provide insight into the state of the OpenGL ES pipeline, related textures and shaders, and all rendering states to help find the causes for improper setup and rendering anomalies.
Where can I find it?
The latest version of PerfHUD ES for Android is available in the Tegra Android Developer Pack on the Tegra Resources page. Simply download and install the latest Tegra Android Development Pack.
PerfHUD ES is offered free of charge, but requires Tegra Registered Developer Program membership.
To enable PerfHUD ES
- To enable PerfHUD ES, run the following command: “adb shell setprop debug.perfhudes 1“
- To disable PerfHUD ES, run the following command: “adb shell setprop debug.perfhudes 0“
- This property MUST be set before the application to be debugged is launched.
- The property MUST be set each time the device is rebooted.
PerfHUD ES Reference
To provide feedback, request additional features or report support issues, please use the Tegra Developer Forums.
Supported Operating Systems for PerfHUD ES client:
- Windows 7/8
- Mac OS X
- Linux (32 bit and 64 bit Ubuntu)
PerfHUD ES 2.1 Release Notes
NVIDIA SHIELD support on PerfHUD ES 2.1 requires Software Update 65 or higher. Go to Settings -> About SHIELD -> System updates on your NVIDIA SHIELD to download and install the latest updates prior to using the device with PerfHUD ES 2.1.
- Support debugging multiple contexts.
- Improve “Set Frame Delimiter” dialog box for multiple contexts and multiple frames.
- Improve stability in editing and applying user shaders.
- Better appearance in displaying program tree and performance information in Shader Viewer.
- Two directed tests are added: disable depth test and disable stencil test
- Display PCB powers in Dashboard for shield
- Better compatibility for loading profiling data
- Show correct bucket id and contribution in the Bucket List.
- Fix crashes for user shader in recapturing frame after editing, applying it or deleting it in Shader Viewer.
- Fix wrong range or crash for pack vbo buffer when stride exists in Geometry Viewer.
- Fix mismatch of uniform values between detail view and tooltip in program tree in Shader Viewer.
- Disable "Capture next frame" button when load debugger frame or profiler frame.
- Fix the fps decrease problem when "Disable Filtering" directed test is enabled.
- Exclude glClear() from Draw Calls per Frame in Performance Dashboard.
- Fix force clear on stencil buffer and incomplete FBO.
- Fix crashing when VBO is mapped.
- Fix "Null Viewport" directed test.
Disable counter 'GPU Idle' on T30.
Archived release notes for previous versions are available here.