NVIDIA Nsight Integration - Installation Tips
NVIDIA Nsight Integration
NVIDIA Nsight Integration is a Visual Studio extension that allows you to access the power of the following NVIDIA Nsight standalone tools from within Visual Studio.
Visual Studio Marketplace extensions offer built-in management and update notifications.
Two Options for Installation:
There are two ways to install a Visual Studio extension.
- Using the Visual Studio Extension Manager (Recommended).
This is the recommended approach for streamlined installation and updates for individual Visual Studio versions.
- Search, download, and install - all from withing Visual Studio.
This approach is advantageous when installing to multiple versions of Visual Studio at once.
- Search, download, and manually install.
Option 1: Install from the Visual Studio Extension Manager
- From Visual Studio's main menu, select
- Tools | Extensions and Updates... (VS 2017)
- Extensions | Manage Extension... (VS 2019)
- Expand Online, and select the Visual Studio Marketplace sub-node
- Search for Nsight Integration
- Filter by selecting the Tools, Coding, Performance, or Programming Languages sub-nodes
Using Extension Manager to install NVIDIA Nsight Integration
Option 2: Download NVIDIA Nsight Integration from the Visual Studio Marketplace
- Download and Install from the Visual Studio Marketplace
- Close all Visual Studio instances
- Double-click the downloaded extension (vsix file) to initiate the installation
- Specify each version of Visual Studio to which the extension should be installed
For a more detailed explaination, please visit the NVIDIA Nsight Integration detailed user guide