DXR Contest Terms and Conditions
DXR Spotlight - Official Rules
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), COLUMBIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HONG KONG; HUNGARY, JAPAN, MEXICO, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PERU, PHILLIPINES, POLAND, SERBIA, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THE NETHERLANDS, TURKEY AND UKRAINE.
This Contest is sponsored by NVIDIA Corporation, on behalf of itself and its affiliates, with an address at 2788 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051, U.S.A. (hereinafter “NVIDIA” or “Sponsor”).
You must be a resident of either the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), COLUMBIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HONG KONG; HUNGARY, INDIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF TAMIL NADU), JAPAN, MEXICO, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PERU, PHILLIPINES, POLAND, SERBIA, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THE NETHERLANDS OR UKRAINE and eighteen (18) years of age or older to be eligible to participate in this Contest. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest (“Sponsor Related Parties”), as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are NOT eligible to enter.
3. The Contest
We are asking content creators and/or developers to submit tech demos featuring the use of Microsoft® DirectX® 12 and DXR. The ask is to utilize Real-Time ray traced Reflections, Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, and Global Illumination in their tech demos.
Entries will be judged on their use of Microsoft® DirectX® 12 and DXR using:
- Real-Time Reflections
- Real-Time Shadows
- Real-Time Ambient Occlusion
- Real-Time Global Illumination
Entries must use one of the above, or any combination and will be judged by:
- Originality – has the developer created their own assets for the tech demo
- Technical Achievement - how well has the content creator and/or developer integrated real-time ray traced reflections, shadows, and/or global illumination in their tech demos
- Creativity - how well has the content creator and/or developer not only integrated real-time ray traced reflections, shadows, and/or global illumination in their tech demos but how they have used it (i.e. is this something we did not anticipate?)
- Usability - not only can the judges play the tech demo, but an enjoyable experience has been delivered
There will be three winners in the contest.
- Grand Prize = Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition laptop and $250 Unreal Engine Marketplace store credit
- Second Place = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super from ASUS and $150 Unreal Engine Marketplace store credit
- Third Place = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super from MSI and $100 Unreal Engine Marketplace store credit
The prizes are not assignable or transferable. Brand and model of prizes are subject to change by NVIDIA at any time for any reason and substitutions will be of equal or greater value. NVIDIA is not responsible or liable for the distribution of any prizes once they are shipped to the winner. The prizes offered, and the entrants that are successful, are not distinguishable by country and do not hold any bias and are equally attainable for all participating countries and their entrants. THIS CONTEST HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN OFFERED. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Entry Period
The entry period for this Contest begins at 12:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) on May 5, 2020 and ends at 11:59pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) on July 10, 2020 (hereinafter the “Entry Period”). Following the entry period, an NVIDIA judge will select and announce the winners of the Contest on August 17, 2020.
6. Winner Announcement; Claiming and Awarding of Prize
The winners of the DXR Spotlight contest will be announced on August 17, 2020. Within 7 days following such announcement, the winners will be notified by NVIDIA via email. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 30 days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:
- confirm receipt of the notice by email (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address to which the notice was sent); and
- complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by NVIDIA along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in NVIDIA’s email notice
Within 21 days following its receipt of the Required Winner Documents from the winner, NVIDIA will ship the prize via FedEx or similar courier service, at NVIDIA’s expense, to the winner’s mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if NVIDIA determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by the winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, NVIDIA may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize. Digital prizes will be electronically emailed to the email address supplied as part of their contest submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by NVIDIA.
The winner of this Contest is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and government charges that result from his/her receipt and/or use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
8. AGREEMENTS by Entrant
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsor Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries; (ii) any errors, omissions, misinformation, or misidentification in an entry; (iii) any dispute or claim arising from an entrant’s participation in this Contest or his/her entry, or his/her receipt, ownership or use of the prize; (iv) any computer hardware, software, Internet, network, cable, phone, or other communication or technical errors, failures, malfunctions, interruptions, or delays; or (v) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Contest or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other articles or materials in connection with this Contest.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and consents to Sponsor’s collection, use and retention of his/her personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor Related Parties as necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding the prize to the winner, making public announcements about the winner, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest).
- ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST.
9. Reservation of Rights by SPONSOR
Sponsor reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to take down and remove any entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
10. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules. Each entrant hereby submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Clara, California, U.S.A.
11. Contest Information
The Sponsor of this promotion is NVIDIA Corporation. The number of entries and winners, will be posted at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/contests/winners/, after 07/20/2020.