We’ve been hard at work over the holidays to bring you the latest Tegra Developer Tools for use on the latest Google Android release on the best Android hardware available today.
PerfHUD ES 1.9.5 is available for download as part of the Tegra Android Toolkit located on the Tegra Resources page. In addition, Tegra Android 4.0 (ICS) OS Images have been released that support PerfHUD ES 1.9.5.
Grab the latest NVIDIA tools and get to work ;-)
WHAT’S NEW IN PERFHUD ES 1.9.5:
- PerfHUD ES functions perfectly on the ASUS Transformer Prime (after the ICS update) out of the box.
- Added the ability to easily advance to the next frame simplifying debugging workflow.
- Significant increase in performance. Additional performance gains can be achieved by removing the “GPU Idle” counter (see the release notes).
ENABLING PERFHUD ES 1.9.5
PerfHUD ES can now be enabled through a system property rather than copying over a configuration file. This means that root access is no longer required.
To enable PerfHUD ES, run the following command: “adb shell setprop debug.perfhudes 1“
To disable PerfHUD ES, run the following command: “adb shell setprop debug.perfhudes 0“
A few points to keep in mind:
- This property MUST be set before the application to be debugged is launched.
- The property MUST be set each time the device is rebooted.