The NVIDIA Developer Tools team is proud to announce the first release candidate of NVIDIA Parallel Nsight™ 2.2. This new release brings support for single GPU Debugging for CUDA developers on systems equipped with any GPU that supports hardware GPU debugging. For graphics developers, Nsight now supports DirectX 9 in the Frame Debugger, Frame Profiler, Analysis and Nsight HUD.
Parallel Nsight 2.2 adds a number of new features to enhance debugging and profiling capabilities and is available under the Parallel Nsight Registered Developer Program (signup and login required).
Sign up for free access to download and learn more.
This release requires NVIDIA Display Driver Release 301.06 or newer, available at Parallel Nsight Registered Developer Early Access (signup and login required).
Here are a few highlights of the new Nsight 2.2 features:
- Local CUDA debugging on a single GPU system.
- Support DirectX 9 for Frame Debugging, Frame Profiling and Analysis.
- Support for new Kepler Architecture.
- Support for CUDA Toolkit 4.2.
- SASS and PTX CUDA Debugging for optimized kernel and kernels without symbols.
- Improved Frame Profiler with performance improvements and additional experiments.
- Improved Frame Debugger Visual Studio frame scrubbing performance.
We encourage all users to send feedback and report bugs within the Parallel Nsight Registered Developer Program to help improve the quality of the software for final release.