New NVIDIA Nsight Visual Studio Edition 3.2 Available with Windows 8.1 Support and Improved DirectCompute Profiling
A new version of NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition is available for download now! The NVIDIA Developer Tools team is proud to announce the release of Nsight Visual Studio Edition 3.2. This new version officially supports Windows 8.1, profiling DirectCompute dispatches in the frame profiler and improved shader debugging performance.
Please note that this release of Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition requires NVIDIA Display Driver Release 327 or newer.
Register for free access to download (login to Registered Developer Program required).
- Official support for Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system.
- Quadro K6000 is supported.
- Frame profiler supports profiling DirectCompute dispatches.
- Frame profiler can collect a custom list of counters for drawcalls or dispatches.
- Performance has been improved for local and replay-based shader debugging of Direct3D applications.
- Ability to visualize FP16 float in the memory viewer.
- Textures can be saved to disk on Direct3D 11 and Direct3D 11.1 applications.
- Concurrent kernel trace for DirectCompute is supported for Kepler and newer cards (NVIDIA Display Driver 331 or higher required).
The standalone Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition installer no longer bundles the CUDA Toolkit. Please obtain the latest version of CUDA 5.5 (available at http://www.nvidia.com/getcuda) prior to installing Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition if you are using the compute feature set.
We encourage all users to send feedback and report issues at the Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition forums or within the Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition Registered Developer Program to help improve the quality of the software for future releases.