GPU Computing Gems Emerald Edition
Available now from leading Book vendors and from Amazon
This book covers the breadth of industry from scientific simulation and electronic design automation to audio / video processing, medical imaging, computer vision, and more. Many real world examples that leverage NVIDIA's CUDA parallel computing architecture, the most widely-adopted massively parallel programming solution.
Offers expert insights and ideas as well as practical "hands-on" skills you can immediately put to use.
"...the perfect companion to Programming Massively Parallel Processors by Hwu & Kirk." -Nicolas Pinto, Research Scientist at Harvard & MIT, NVIDIA Fellow 2009-2010
Graphics processing units (GPUs) can do much more than render graphics. Scientists and researchers increasingly look to GPUs to improve the efficiency and performance of computationally-intensive experiments across a range of disciplines.
GPU Computing Gems: Emerald Edition brings their techniques to you, showcasing GPU-based solutions including:
- Black hole simulations with CUDA
- GPU-accelerated computation and interactive display of molecular orbitals
- Temporal data mining for neuroscience
- GPU -based parallelization for fast circuit optimization
- Fast graph cuts for computer vision
- Real-time stereo on GPGPU using progressive multi-resolution adaptive windows
- GPU image demosaicing
- Tomographic image reconstruction from unordered lines with CUDA
- Medical image processing using GPU -accelerated ITK image filters
- 41 more chapters of innovative GPU computing ideas, written to be accessible to researchers from any domain