Just like you, we’ve been anxiously awaiting the public release of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for NVIDIA® Tegra® Developer Kits. Following the unprecedented speed of the ICS port for the Transformer Prime, NVIDIA is pleased to announce the first public release of Ice Cream Sandwich OS Images for NVIDIA Tegra DevKits.
The installers for the OS Images for Ventana DevKits are available on the Tegra Resources page. For information regarding Cardhu OS Images, please contact your account representative.
For the first time ever, the OS Images are available on OSX as well as Windows and Linux. The release package consists of binary code, drivers developed on our reference platforms and any patches necessary to ensure stability & performance with ICS and our developer tools. Visit the Tegra Resources page for the latest developer tools that support ICS, such as PerfHUD ES.
We welcome your feedback and questions on the Tegra forums.
TEGRA ANDROID OS IMAGES
These OS Images are pre-configured to provide the optimal development experience on Tegra DevKits.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Full support for PerfHUD ES 1.9.5, the Open GL ES frame debugging and analysis tool for Tegra.
- Full support for PERF and OProfile, CPU profiling tools.
- The default value for screen timeout is set to 30 minutes.
- Internet permissions for all applications are enabled by default.
- Native to Java calls have had JNI checks disabled to mimic production units.
- EMEI ID support