Altair PBSWorks - PBS Professional
The industry-leading Altair® PBS Professional® workload manager and job scheduler is designed to improve productivity, optimize utilization and efficiency, and simplify administration for HPC clusters, clouds, and supercomputers. PBS Professional automates job scheduling, management, monitoring, and reporting, and it’s the trusted solution for complex Top500 systems as well as smaller clusters.
Tested to 50,000+ nodes, PBS Professional scales to support millions of cores with fast job dispatch and minimal latency, supporting 1,000,000+ jobs per day.
PBS Professional is the only workload manager to have achieved EAL3+ certification and the only workload manager offering integration with RedHat’s SELinux cross-domain security (or MLS — multi-level security) technology.
- Powerful, policy-driven scheduling - PBS Professional accelerates job execution and selects optimal job placement across diverse, broadly distributed resources. It’s easy to create intelligent policies to manage distributed, mixed-vendor computing assets as a single, unified system.
- Fast, reliable startup of huge MPI jobs - PBS Professional is tested at tens of thousands of MPI ranks and minimizes delays caused by faulty nodes.
- Support for Linux control groups - Cgroups eliminate resource contention so jobs run faster and don’t interfere with each other or the OS.
- Topology-aware scheduling - PBS Professional optimizes task placement for all HPC network topologies, improving application performance and reducing network contention
- GPU scheduling - Support for advanced GPU scheduling means you can share a single node among multiple jobs where each job requires its own GPUs.
- Enterprise resilience - A highly redundant automatic fail-over architecture with no single point of failure means jobs are never lost, and they’ll continue to run despite server failures, network failures, and even killing PBS daemons themselves
To find out how your organization can put PBS Professional to work, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.